Wooden Combs & Brushes
Have you been looking for an easy zero waste swap? One of the simplest changes that you can make, that benefits your hair health too, is switching to a wooden comb or brush. Here are some benefits of using wood combs/brushes over plastic or metal ones.
1. The rounded teeth of a wooden comb won't scratch your scalp, reducing dandruff, which is a result of scalp irritation. This is an easy solution for helping treat dandruff, also stimulates natural scalp oils. Giving your hair a natural shine.
2. Wooden combs gently massage the scalp, increasing blood flow, without bruising or scraping the skin. This stimulates the hair follicles and encourages hair growth.
3. Unlike metal or plastic combs, wooden combs more easily distribute natural oils from the scalp throughout the entire hair strand. Wooden bristles/teeth can absorb the scalp's natural oil and distributes the natural oils from the scalp along each strand, which results in a shinier, glossier appearance. These natural oils work to protect your hair and improve the condition of your mid-lengths and ends.
4. Wooden bristles/teeth don’t produce static. Plastic hair brushes increase the electrical charge of your hair, and as a plastic brush glides through your hair, the increased electrical charge leads to static. Wood and bamboo have a neutral to negative charge so static is reduced, allowing your hair to stay smooth and nice. In addition, the high-static charge from plastic combs, allows dirt to stick to them and distribute the dirt over the hair. Moreover, when you gently comb your hair with wood, dirt and foreign particles are brushed away from the hair.
5. Wood is eco-friendly and a sustainable resource. Bamboo is one of the most sustainable resources and environmentally sound plants on earth. It is also known to be anti-bacterial, hypo-allergenic and anti-dust mite. Wooden hairbrushes and combs use natural materials that not only last longer but also decompose a lot faster.